The Women’s Ministry is an organized group of women of The Assemblies of God, Ghana and is responsible for uniting the women in the church for Christian service according to the principles and doctrines of the church. The Women’s Ministry meets together in the church to study the word of God and to pray. They also help the needy in the church and in the neighbourhood, as well as visit the sick. They also undertake personal evangelism and take the word of God into homes in the community.
As a key arm of growth in every church, the Women’s Ministry plays a major supporting role in the church. Therefore, the Women’s Ministry is responsible for maintaining a stable church by:
- Ensuring a stable and a cohesive family
- Creating the avenue for church growth
- Creating a formidable channel for evangelism
- Creating a strong prayer support base for the church
- Providing the platform for raising future leaders
- Empowering the women in the church through sound biblical teachings
- Providing economic and social empowerment for women in the church
- Mentoring younger women in the church
- Serve as role models and mentors for other women and young women.
The Women Ministry plays a supervisory role over all other women groups in the church such as Young Women in Action (Y’s), and the Missionettes. As a ministry, in consultation with the head pastor, it can have various divisions as it may deem fit. This should be done with the intention to groom and develop talents in the church.