Prayer Ministry (P/M)
If water is the source of life for fish, prayer is also the essence of the Christian life and the lifeline between the believer and the heavenly father. Emphasising on the importance of prayer through the life of the whole church, the prophet Isaiah states “My house shall be called a house of prayer” (Isaiah 56:7). This verse was again quoted by Jesus Christ in what is called “The Cleansing of the Temple”.
The purpose of the Prayer Ministry is to actively encourage and promote prayer within the life of the church. No church or ministry can grow and do well without a strong prayer force. The spiritual life of the church is determined by the depth of its Prayer Ministry. Jesus, even though was God, could not do away with prayer. The Prayer Ministry, therefore, driven and centred on the following pillars:
- Holding a strong intercessory prayer session (the pastor and his family, the church leadership, the congregation, the body of Christ, and the nation).
- Taking charge of the general church prayer meeting
- Organising special/specific prayer meeting (dawn prayers, weekday morning sessions, holiday prayer chains or prayer sessions)
- Holding periodic all-night and half night prayer meetings
- Promoting the spiritual growth of the congregation and their connection with God on daily basis
- Becoming the spiritual engineers of all programmes of the church
- Coordinating and ensuring the formation of departmental prayer groups.